[AusNOG] Issues receiving from TPG Mail servers.

Michael Junek michael at juneks.com.au
Mon Jul 23 15:33:14 EST 2018

Actually going through the pain of it all right now.
Fortunately our QSA is a little pragmatic about these things and isn't one of those checklisty type people - and would certainly offer suggestions about it, especially if there is a documented business reason why something cannot be enacted.

The easiest way around it is to disable TLS completely on your mail server. Won't fail PCI then. And everyone will send to you unencrypted. Doesn't fix the security issue, but it certainly fixes the mailflow.