[AusNOG] Issues receiving from TPG Mail servers.

Bradley Silverman bsilverman at staff.ventraip.com
Mon Jul 23 15:31:24 EST 2018

It's sort of makes sense that they won't allow it.

Users, regardless of best case, rarely have that many passwords, they
generally reuse the same one.

If you allow weak encryption on your SMTP then when connections are made
the password can be stolen and then often that password can be used to
access other things.

As this is a shared hosting environment it's quite possible that a customer
has the same password for email and cPanel or their website, and that's why
it's part of PCI.

>From what I know of PCI, anything on that server, that is accessible
publicly, needs to be up to spec.

Regards,