[AusNOG] FW: Looking for a phone number for NetRegistry in Australia (Not the offshore call centre)

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon Jul 16 06:52:09 EST 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Nick Stallman wrote:

> The only problem is it doesn't work - I've hit the same snag with TPP. The field is uneditable.
> They also have fun glitches like the domain password they show you being entirely wrong, or the domain being locked and the button to unlock it
> simply gives an error.
>
> The hard bit is figuring out if it's malicious to make it difficult to move your domain, or if they are really that incompetent.

It's been like this for ages, and it's almost impossible to get "them"
(the whole group) to do anything useful.

2 weeks ago while attempting to recover a domain for a customer - it had
been registered by whoever was doing her hosting at the time, and had an
invalid email address for the registrant. The owner didn't have the
password, the "recover password" wasn't working due to the wrong email
address. NR were completely unhelpful - the "only" way they could change
it was by jumping through a set of hoops, sending an email with all the
details and corrected details - only to then say that they have to get
approval from both the "previous and new" people before the change could
be made. How do you get the previous contact to ack when it's an invalid
address??

The same slew of "don't know, don't care" problems as you with TPP -
domains locked and can't unlock, passwords in error, missing or incorrect
addresses in the contacts... and nobody there gives a damn, never return
calls, rarely respond to email.

Several of my customers have given up on their old domain and got new ones
because they've just given up trying to regain control of their own
through NR.