[AusNOG] Warranty claim on Cisco Nexus bought from and still under contract with Microsoft

Tim Murphy allbidss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:27:04 EST 2018

 Hi team,
I need assistance or would be greate if a Microsoft Engineer can respond
here. We bought a bunch of brand new Cisco Nexus switches (still sealed in
boxes at the time of purchase) in an Auction. The switches originally
belonged to Microsoft but the auction was held by a third party auctioneer.
The switches were running ok in production for us until found out there is
a major security flaw with the firmware we are currently using. We
contacted Cisco for firmware upgrade as the switches are all still under
warranty, but Cisco is refusing to help as the support contract is still
under Microsoft and as per Cisco, either someone from Microsoft should
raise the TAC support request, or Microsoft should accept to transfer the
contract to us. Has anyone has a similar experience before? Any
suggestions? Is there a Microsoft Engineer here who can help?
Thanks all