[AusNOG] [AUSNOG] MS patches Intel memory management

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Sun Jan 14 11:20:42 EST 2018

Paul Wilkins wrote:
> Latest advice from Intel:
>
> https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00088&languageid=en-fr
>
> No mention of warranty :)
>
> News to me, defect applies also in AMD and ARM.
>
> Very interested to hear if anyone takes this to Dep't Fair Trading and
> the response.

What will be as interesting is the word on why they are still selling
flawed processors.... especially as they have indicated there is no way
to fix it with an update.  Can you imagine selling a car that doesn't
actually have working brakes and then saying, "not our problem it's
working as designed"...

Michelle