[AusNOG] [AUSNog] : Re Data Centre Fire Suppression Safety

Adam Gibson a.gibson at springfieldcitygroup.com
Thu Dec 13 13:09:41 EST 2018

FM200 is still used in a few DC’s in Sydney and Brisbane to my knowledge. But is costly to replace due to environmental charges.

In Polaris we check all our bottles in accordance to the fire program (which was approved upon completion with the fire code of that time) which is every year, bottles are check and every month, fire tech comes out to inspect gauges release valves and all control boards. All bottles are to be replaced every 10 years of less and  Co2 bottles to replaced every 3 years.

In my opinion, fire is something that is neglected a lot in DC’s.

AG

Adam Gibson
Head of Data Centres
Springfield City Group