[AusNOG] Network Atlas (AU Help)

Ross Marston ross at ramtech.net.au
Sun Dec 2 18:41:43 EST 2018

Hi Mehmet,
I must admit I am at somewhat of a loss to see the benefit of this product to anyone other than those who are either, bored and have nothing better to do than look at network maps, or those with an interest in harming those networks.  I'd be fascinated to hear your view on what it's imagined benefit is.  Any user of a supplier's physical network can get information from the supplier if needed.  No one else needs to know it IMO.

In my experience so far in life, collating private, sensitive information and publishing it publicly, and easily searchable, is nearly always a recipe for future disaster.  In my work in InfoSec, I can assure you, I don't see any upsides to this sort of info being freely and easily in the public domain.  I must admit to also wondering if the developers of this product, have considered it's potential negative impact?
Just my 2c worth...

Kind regards
Ross Marston