[AusNOG] Business customer smashing their "unlimited" MBE 20/20Mbps internet service

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:54:58 EST 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 12:50 PM, James Cunningham <jjazza26 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Ausnog,
>
> We have a customer who we are providing a 20Mbps AAPT Wholesale, MBE
> e-line service for, and we have given them the service with Unlimited
> Internet data - but subject to fair use.

 I expect you'll find a variety of answers but my personal thoughts on this
are:

- Residential, sure, go ahead with a fair use Unlimited* offering
- Business with a fair use clause? Seems strange/wrong. Especially if you
consider it / market it as "business grade" I'd not expect to see a
residential-smelling 'fair use' clause, especially if you're not really
defining what that is. I think if I were a business and bought a 20Mbps
"Business grade" unlimited link, I'd fully expect to be able to smash it
24/7.

Sam