[AusNOG] Telecommunications Sector Security Reforms

Burt Mascareigne Burt at stormnetwork.com.au
Wed Sep 20 08:40:41 EST 2017

This is actually a good point.

We trust in SSL, etc,  PKI in general.

This has always been an arms race, this latest Apache “OptionsBleed” for example.  Seriously, who would have guessed a .htaccess typo can cause a memory leak showing bits and pieces of memory to anyone.

RE: the restaurant analogy, if the supplier gives you food with maggots in it,  is that now your fault in the Govt’s eye? You sold the dish with maggots, here’s a bill.

Same, Apache has a bug, you got hacked because of it.  You get the fine?  Can we forward that fine to Apache? Is it really their fault?  Let’s not even mention Windows.. in general.  Because you use these products.. are you, “shonky”?

I know it is more nuisance than this, I just found Mark’s comment pertinent.

Regards,

Burt Mascareigne
Mobile 0414 450 962   Office (02) 9965 5422
Address Level 19, 1 O’Connell Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Web http://www.stormnetwork.com.au<http://www.stormnetwork.com.au/>