[AusNOG] Offical outage notification page for NBN?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Sep 14 18:22:55 EST 2017

Well, You are right that it has much more complication then what it might look like,
but since the issue is known already it's weird that no notification came out about it.

I actually wrote couple SNMP services that address similar issues and it's not the best solution but it was pretty simple to monitor in my projects.
I really don't know what got affected by this specific failure but updating a public site really requires more then just a simple SNMP trap.
And if you miss a trap is a question I was asked and my answer was "use http instead of SNMP".
There are so many formats out there just waiting for us to use them and are more reliable then SNMP.
The issue is that most network devices for some reason only support the typical SNMP trap or email instead of other more reliable methods.

I don't really know the nature of the issue but there are simple solutions if someone would actually give more then a basic thought.
The vendors that I know and was in contact with doesn't try to do more then a certain level of thought..

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/