[AusNOG] Getting connected to a physically closer NBN FTTN node

Evan Dent evan at evandent.com
Mon Mar 13 12:30:59 EST 2017

There is no process. The only way will possibly be a fibre extention. But
even then as far as I'm aware it will come from the same node not the
closest node as there will be no physically existing path . Even then there
may be no space left to haul the fibre so even more $$$

An area is divded up into a DA (distribution area) each of these connect to
a pillar usually in the corner closet to the exchange.

Each house usually only has 1 physical path to get back to the pillar.

I am in the same boat at home. The furtherest corner from the pillar in my
DA yet I can see the other DAs node 3 houses away. Just how it is.

I welcome correction if I am wrong.