[AusNOG] Government intends to pass TSSR this parliament

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Sat Jun 17 22:04:12 EST 2017

On 15 Jun 2017, at 11:08 PM, Paul Wilkins <paulwilkins369 at gmail.com> wrote:
> And I find the assumption of bad faith from government bewildering.

Bewildering? It’s our DUTY as voters to assume bad faith. That’s the entire reason why our system is supposed to have checks and balances in it: To ensure that the Government doesn’t have carte blanche, because they can’t be trusted to wield power responsibly.

Assuming bad faith is a key and essential part of democracy: Give people powerful jobs, but never, ever trust them to do them well.

   - mark