[AusNOG] urlscan.io

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at senki.org
Sat Jun 17 12:42:25 EST 2017

> On Jun 17, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Luke <LUKE at FLEM.IO> wrote:
>
>>> DNS does not provide the sort of intelligence necessary to direct
>>> requests to the most appropriate server
>>
>> Huh? A DNS can be as intelligent as it wants to be.
>
> +1. For example, EDNS.

You mean ENDS0 Client Subnet (ECS) turned on inside your DNS Resolver architecture. If you are an ISP/Operator and want to get the most out your CDN ‘partnerships,’ then you should really be running ECS. But, if you do turn it on, know that there are scaling issues.

If ECS is new, let me know and I’ll send a pointer.

Barry