[AusNOG] QinQ on Telstra Wholesale EA Fibre Services

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 17:13:00 EST 2017

Coming slightly late to this party, but yes, on fibre links qinq is supported, but not on copper EA.
In regard to shaping/policing, Telstra POLICE on ingress at both ends with very low burst values. Telstra should provide you with the detail (we have a table) and you need to make sure your shape + BC + BE value are within the spec or (as others have said) you will get crap performance. Also need to remember what you're counting in the shaping (ie. L2 or L3 sizes) as this will make a difference too.One of our normal troubleshooting steps for poor performance on these kind of links is to set the shaper to about 85% of the link speed and see how it goes then.

regards,Tony.