[AusNOG] Transit from Nepal

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Feb 27 18:42:39 EST 2017

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 10:17 AM, Peter Tiggerdine <ptiggerdine at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're had a request to field an office in Kathmandu. I don't have A or
> B points yet but ideally I'm looking for a transit provider whom
> either has a peer with AWS or their uptreams do (yes, I can just look
> at routingdb, but not all peering arrangements appear in there).
> Mostly looking for recommendation and war stories so I can short list.

We have an office in Kathmandu, and most of the people who work there previously worked in Nepali ISPs…  I’ve forwarded your email to them, in case they have recommendations.  Nepal Telecom is the incumbent, obviously, but that’s a counterrecommendation…  Vianet and WorldLink are the two big ISPs, and Subisu is a smaller one, but I don’t know as much about them since we haven’t hired anyone away from them.

                                -Bill