[AusNOG] Inbound BGP traffic balancing

Matt Selbst matt.j.selbst at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:22:41 EST 2017

Hi All,

I've currently got transit from two of the major carriers and it seems that
if I don't do any manipulation BGP naturally makes about 90% of the traffic
come through the one carrier and only ~10% through the other.

I've tried all the usual tricks like shorter prefixes, communities etc but
not really getting much that I can rely on for even split.

Is there a much more reliable way of evenly balancing inbound traffic
50/50?  I'm open to commercial solutions if one exists.

-Matt