[AusNOG] TPG NBN congestion

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sat Dec 30 15:47:10 EST 2017

Haha, "we won't fix the problem because the NBN is coming" is the same
excuse I've been told for several years with another provider at one of
the premises I maintain in Perth.

NBN website shows the "in progress" about 200m away over the main road
but rollout isn't due in their location until at least NEXT December, so
the account holder continues to incur excess mobile data charges because
the ADSL throughput is terrible.

The account holders ISP isn't honouring the "S" in ISP but suitable,
practical, affordable alternatives are hard to find.
I'm considering the current Optus Christmas special mobile data-only SIM
for $52.50/month for 140gig/month on one year contract.