[AusNOG] Internet Outages in Brisbane area

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Tue Dec 19 09:49:16 EST 2017

I can confirm that there was a massive hit to duct by power utility.  5 cables hit.  I can also confirm that one of our suppliers (TPG) did not provision the diverse circuit on the alternate path as ordered.  In fact we became aware of this issue a few months back when a similar outage occurred.  Both circuits went down when a single incident occurred.

The team notified TPG of the error back then and it’s taken months to accept and plan to correct.  This was apparently planned for February 2018 which is incredibly frustrating for Megaport and our customers at Polaris.

Unfortunately it ain’t what it used to be...

[b]