[AusNOG] Victorian Police - internal assistance??

Brad Gould brad.gould at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 11:26:10 EST 2017

Seems like the only problem he had was that he interchanged the term "ISP
number" with "IP address".

But his concept (and base understanding) was sound - wifi users share an IP
address.

Also, he successfully chose to call someone with more experience and tried
to confirm his reasoning.

So - well done to the officer for exceeding the average Jane/Joe in basic
internet knowledge (before the call), and for asking questions rather than
assuming.

What is the problem exactly?