[AusNOG] Ransomware...

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Sat Sep 24 09:48:31 EST 2016

Back-ups and recovery are the number one way to deal with these issues.

But, if you don't have access to backups, and it happens a lot, then you
need to do what you need to do to get back online. And if I ever hear an IT
guy say something like 'well, you should have backed up' I would recommend
terminating them.

It's very easy in hindsight to make judgement or stand on the sideline and
make moral judgements on others.... but I deal with real people with real
suffering, and you deal with the immediate pain, then you worry about the
failure that caused the situation later - as long as you do.

There are so many arrogant, biased and self righteous people in IT who
forget who pays them - whether it be a customer or employer. If you don't
have empathy for your customers... go find another job. IT us a customer
service business.

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Founder & The Architect* - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Email: skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; Web: eintellegonetworks.com

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; Skype: skeeve ; LinkedIn: /in/skeeve
<http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile
<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9> ; Keybase: https://keybase.io/skeeve