[AusNOG] Complexity is not an excuse for an industry-wide cop-out (was Re: Conroy quit.)

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Mon Sep 19 12:29:07 EST 2016

Good to see an almost universal distain for the customer.

> I thought most consumers bought the cheapest internet possible then just
> complain loudly

or dripping sarcasm

>Oh, and don't forget - Its got to be cheap

or expecting customers to care about RSP pricing inputs:

>I don't care about the CVC or connection fees of the ISP <eyes glaze over>,

So you folk *do* want to have it all. Hyperbolic advertising and no
responsibility because after all it's that pesky customer who is the
problem here.

>Be careful what you wish for...

Indeed. Given the inability of the industry to organize itself my
guess is that the wishing will not go in your favour. Particularly
given the arrogance and indifference expressed here.

Am I the only one who is embarrassed by how this comes across?

Mark.