[AusNOG] Aus Industry Congratulations Email

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Tue Sep 6 17:56:53 EST 2016

On 9/6/2016 3:55 PM, Cheyne Jonstone wrote:
> Whilst I think there should have been some safeguards in place in
> terms of verifying the dollar value claimed (ie. the same way you
> would do with a commercial loan and submit tax invoices dated within 3
> months of the claim), what I find extraordinary but true-to-form for
> this list is the amount of jibber jabber regarding what /others/ have
> done.
I've been involved with the community broadcasting sector for a number
of years now and every single grant from the Community Broadcasting
Foundation CBF gets publicly listed along with who the money was
allocated to and they also list what the funds were allocated for.
I don't agree that the actual applications should be made public though
as that is just silly, as the applications would have a lot of
commercial and confidential info in them.
But a brief summary of what the grant was allocated for would be handy,
and similar to what happens in other heavily regulated sectors.