[AusNOG] Aus Industry Congratulations Email

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Tue Sep 6 15:58:01 EST 2016

That is crap Paul.

You've been around long enough to know what is going on and also to know
when to call bullshit on these funding requests.

If you want to put your head in the sand, fine, but don't expect all of us
to do so.

We don't have to be lawyers. Most of this is pretty obvious. Some of us
have built more than enough networks to be very qualified to opine about
the requirements for DRIP, ICP, Carrier obligations and powers and so on.
There are very few lawyers out there who have any idea about this sort of
thing, much less been able to provide any sort of useful advice to most of
the smaller ISPs - which I assume most have not even obtained.

Your Email from June 10 2015 -
http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2015-June/031557.html clearly
describes who is and isn't and ISP and eligible.

I'm not sure any Uni's can be considered Carriage Service Providers. They
need to be supplying an 'internet carriage service *to the public*'.  I
don't think any Uni's do this commercially (their might be examples?) that
is not related to their business of education and research at which point,
the user isn't 'the public'.  Given their upstream, AARNET is covered, it I
wonder why that is not good enough?

What examples do you think a Uni could have which is a service which is
eligible?

Paul, you are Vice Chair of Internet Australia. I'd expect you to stand up
against funding abuse and be able to use the wisdom you have from being in
this industry a long time.

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Founder & The Architect* - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Email: skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=skeeve@eintellegonetworks.com>
;
Web: eintellegonetworks.com

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; Skype: skeeve ; LinkedIn: /in/skeeve
<http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile
<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9> ; Keybase: https://keybase.io/skeeve

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Paul Brooks <pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=pbrooks-ausnog@layer10.com.au>