[AusNOG] Embarrassing question!

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu Nov 24 12:46:42 EST 2016

On 11/24/2016 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> Over that time they've gone from "ok and trying hard" to bloody hopeless,
> clueless and couldn't give a damn.
>
> A series of events yesterday were the final straw for me, and I want to
> cut them loose. Problem is, I don't want to be out of the fryingpan and
> into the fire!
>
> Seems all of the options I can find are all claiming to be the number 1,
> best in Australia (or the world), greatest customer care, etc, etc.
>
> I know they can't ALL be. I suspect most of them don't even come close.
>
> Who are 'yall using that has a system that doesn't constantly break,
> doesn't need to have every whistle and bell under the sun - just needs to
> work, work quickly, easily and reliably. I want an interface that will let
> me manage my domains, and those of my customers - quickly and easily, and
> who actually give a damn when the inevitable oopsee happens.

You don't really have a lot of options hear in Au anymore for reselling
domain names.

The two main players are MelbourneIT through their wholesale brand TPP
Wholesale and Synergy Wholesale, owned by the owners of VentraIP.

I was using the old AussieHQ domain management system but Uber Global
are now owned by Melbourne IT as well and they are closing the Uber
Global brand eventually.

A third option you have is OpenSRS who a few Au providers are using.

If you have a decent volume of domains you can get discounted
registrations and renewal pricing off those guys.

But they are an overseas provider so that might be a consideration.

Micron21 also have a wholesale account option for domain names, but this
is only a new service the guys are offering and so I am not sure how far
down the line they are with this.

This should give you a few options anyway.

Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager