[AusNOG] Telstra SIP/VOIP

QCS Group - Infrastructure Infrastructure at qcsgroup.com.au
Wed Nov 23 16:47:17 EST 2016

Hi All,

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction we have a security company that uses a certain dialer system to a VOIP system but the CID is coming up as incorrect, this is due to the manufacturer having bought sims from overseas but are compatible with the Telstra network in AUS. The problem is that the caller ID comes up as a foreign number 0011976000 when dialing to a mobile on Telstra network it comes up with the right number so trying to work out where to get a Telstra SIP Trunk to test. Their support is not useful, don't really want to sign up for a contact just for testing.

Have tested with the following VOIP providers but all come up with the wrong CID, AAPT, iiNet, iBoss, don't have access to any other to test unfortunately.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Marius

        Thinking of updating your phone system?
Ask us about our "Cloud Based PABX" solution before you do anything.