[AusNOG] Hands-on SDN Training and Certification Course in Sydney 28 Nov - 2 Dec

Paul Baker Paul.Baker at vocus.com.au
Thu Nov 17 12:03:36 EST 2016

I personally don't know what all the fuss about the price is about. Sure, its out of reach for a lot of smaller organisation, sole traders and hobbyists, but that doesn't make it irrelevant. Skeeve, I'm sure you aren't conducting your Open Networking training purely for the benefit of the industry/covering costs. Vijay was able to secure some industry sponsorship, hence the 20% discount, not a last-minute effort to fill seats.

Vijay is putting a lot of hard work into setting these things up and I for one am really looking forward to attending. I am thankful to work for a company that can give me that opportunity, and am hopeful that in future we can get some (more) industry sponsorship for such events which will make them more accessible to everyone.

You walk away from this course with two certifications, plus an intensive introduction to next generation technologies that you wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to work with in the real/corporate/SP world. The alternative is investing a lot of your own, or your company's time and resources to set up a lab environment and undertake your own open learning exercise without the benefit of a defined outcome. On that basis I think it's pretty good value, not to mention the benefit of receiving training from people who don't have any ulterior motives (I.e. Selling you their hardware/software/services).

Paul