[AusNOG] Telstra FTTN Voice

Bradley Amm Bradley.Amm at telethonkids.org.au
Wed Nov 16 13:22:01 EST 2016

Hey Guys and Girls

I have a general question that you guys might have solved

I have Telstra FTTN NBN

To get Telstra Voice I need to use their horrible Gateway.
I want to be able to use my own modem/router and configure the voice on a ATA

I can see the details on the configuration page but Telstra refuse to give out the password.
The settings look similar to SIP connect services I have setup in the past so it's not a stretch to get the details I want

Has anyone been successful in getting the details or extracting the details from the modem.

The only reason I use it is
1. The wife uses normal phones
2. Old people don't like ringing mobiles so parents call the house phone

[cid:image001.png at 01D23FF3.0F4BE2C0]