[AusNOG] bigpond mail problems?

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Mon Nov 7 17:02:04 EST 2016

On 7 November 2016 at 16:32, Ted Cooper <ausnog0809d at linuxwan.net> wrote:

> On 07/11/16 14:48, James Gray wrote:
> > Currently no work-around and I can't really see anything amiss in DNS
> > either. Anyone from Telstra's mail team floating around?
>
> Looks to be an internal failure of the Telstra DNS infrastructure - most
> of the servers are offline. I'd imagine their mail systems would be
> using them, and so would your client's systems.
>
> Work around: Use your own DNS, or one of the servers that work.

None of them are using Tesltra's DNS. They are all using Google's DNS
servers as forwarders from their own internal DNS systems (ISC Bind).
Caches have been flushed, services restarted and other routine
trouble-shooting carried out. So far, mail queue still backed up. I'll just
park it and see if it the Internet Oompa-Loompas fix it overnight. Thanks
for the suggestion though.

Cheers,

James