[AusNOG] Request for Donations of Old Compute

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:43:16 EST 2016

Hi All,

I once again email the list on behalf of RFLan (Redflag Lanfest - http://www.rflan.org <http://www.rflan.org/>) as we are after donations of second hand or decommissioned compute infrastructure to help run our events.

For those unaware of us, we run eSports events quarterly in WA attracting over 850 attendees per event. Our goal is to foster fun and exciting competition and grow the WA gaming community.
We believe we run the biggest single eSports event in Australia at the moment, potentially in the southern hemisphere, and we’re looking to go bigger!

We are after compute infrastructure specifically as our current VM hosts (used mainly for event services and game servers) are starting to show their age and we’re in desperate need for some improvement.
We are a registered not for profit organisation and we would greatly appreciate any way in which the tech community could help us.

Kind regards,

Tim Raphael | Infrastructure Team

phone: +61 (0) 8 9200 4445 <tel:+61892004445>
email: timr at rflan.org
website: www.rflan.org <http://rflan.org/>
facebook: redflaglan <https://www.facebook.com/redflaglan/>
twitter: @rflan <https://twitter.com/rflan>