[AusNOG] Open Mic

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Fri Jun 24 11:23:38 EST 2016

My opinion is that Ausnog is a community and far more than a tech/noc
list.  Some of us have been in the industry for 20+ years and known each
other professionally and personally for a lot longer.  This is where we
meet and is as much a social connection as it is an operator list.

If there is ANY thread or topic you don't like or care about, just ignore
the bloody thing. Given how many mailing lists most of us are on, I find it
beyond belief that some of you whinge about off-topic content here because
if you did it everywhere you would spend your entire life doing so... and
don't you have better things to do?

We're a community for f*&k sake. Start acting like one. We help each other
when things go wrong, and should be celebrating our wins and care about the
industry as a whole, not small crap.

We don't all have to agree with everything, but if someone posts off-list,
unless you are a moderator, shut up. If they see it as important, they
should deal with it - also off-list - rather than trying to publicly shame
people.

Grow up people. Respect each other, and also new members that come along
that might not have the experience and wisdom of our years - or this list
and community will die out under the weight of its own bullshit.

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Founder & The Architect* - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Email: skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; Web: eintellegonetworks.com

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; Skype: skeeve ; LinkedIn: /in/skeeve
<http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile
<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9> ; Keybase: https://keybase.io/skeeve