[AusNOG] 10GbE Switching Options

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Fri Jul 1 15:42:20 EST 2016

Don't misunderstand. I LOVE Arista
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQAGDjh-FOU>.  They are just a risk
(whatever size) at the moment. I hope they come through it.

But with the the Open Networking
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOYZ2nzkil4> revolution happening at the
moment, Arista, Brocade and a few others are at risk.  Hardware is
consolidating in a big way (eg Brocade by Ruckus recently) and the Whitebox
revolution is only just starting with Whitebox Switches.  Routing will be
at the end of the year, Firewalls and others mid next year... a lot of
excitement coming.

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Founder & The Architect* - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Email: skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; Web: eintellegonetworks.com

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; Skype: skeeve ; LinkedIn: /in/skeeve
<http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile
<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9> ; Keybase: https://keybase.io/skeeve