[AusNOG] census issues tonight

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:33:36 EST 2016

Whatever their capacity planning, if they were working to a hard ceiling,
was fundamentally the wrong approach. The whole point of cloud is to:

1 - elastically scale
2 - gracefully limit resource exhaustion

So it seems they did the job for capacity planning as they did for their
DOS planning. They had the money to get the architecture right, wondering
where the money got spent. I'm curious if the supplier now shows a
healthier profit than if they'd done the job properly. It's only the
taxpayers money after all.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins