[AusNOG] Seeking GPON hardware supplier

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Wed Apr 20 14:14:07 EST 2016

Does it _have_ to be GPON?  (ie. is the fibre plant architected that way?)

For that kind of scale simple point-to-point can be easier and probably cheaper and more flexible - just use normal switches (with a few caveats).  I know Cisco at one point sold a Cat4500 for doing this.  I’m sure other people are more up on what’s cool with GigE SFP switches these days than me.

MMC