[AusNOG] Software Review - CRM + Bandwidth Usage, Reporting, Alerting & Other Functions

Chris Macko cmacko at intervolve.com.au
Wed Apr 13 11:58:15 EST 2016

Dear Industry Colleagues,

Hope you're well and enjoying your day. We're currently reviewing potential software platforms that could be used at a site to monitor bandwidth usage, reporting & alerting, however as part of the consideration, if possible, it would be best for this site to have an all inclusive software platform that if may be able to provide all the elements of technical team function at that site. In particular it would be great if the software could include some or all of the following elements;

1. WIKI / Knowledgebase
2. Helpdesk - Integration into email, some billing inclusion & export to MYOB and/or other platform
3. CRM (potentially can include sales, however not a requirement)
4. CMDB including physical network / Vmhosts / firewalls, as well as asset management & rack management
5. Network monitoring & network profiling, bandwidth management via SNMP with optional Netflow
6. Summary of VM Hosts, including ability to customise reports to display version, physical hardware specifications including HDDs, memory, processors installed
7. Potential automation of network maps, tailored to the exact map required (full / partial / layer 2 / layer 3 etc)
8. Potential data retention requirements to comply with Australian laws

If you have any ideas about software that may be useful, we'd love to hear your feedback! Looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Chris Macko
Facilities Manager
Interhost Pacific Pty Ltd t/a Intervolve

This email contains information that is confidential to the intended recipient. It may also contain information, which is subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, pass on or copy this message. We also ask that you notify the sender by email or telephone and destroy the original message. Thank you.

Quote of the moment: "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein