[AusNOG] Legal Challenge To Meta Data Laws

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Sep 29 17:16:14 EST 2015

On 29/09/2015 16:17, Paul Wilkins wrote:

> I think there's good reasons for some of the far reaching claims that have been made. Before the bill was law, hyperbole got ramped up because people were concerned just being reasonable would see them ignored. But now, even with the law passed, ACMA and CAC can't present a consistent interpretation. Even within CAC there's different and inconsistent views.

Stephen Spielberg would be envious of some of the wild thoughts flying
around, kinda makes ET look real :)

> I assume Noel you weren't suggesting anything I've said is far fetched. I'd take a dim view to the imputation.

Nah Paul, that was a general statement and not directed at you as I've
not seen or heard you running around claiming DNS lookups now have to be
logged and kept, but those people who have know who they are.