[AusNOG] Data Retention

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Thu Sep 24 21:32:39 EST 2015

> Seriously, all of you people: AGD would dearly love it if this stuff was
> smoke and mirrors skullduggery, kept away from public eye; but it just
> isn't. There is no confidentiality requirement whatsoever written into the
> legislation. So talk about it. Communicate about why you're doing.

Off you go then, set the ball rolling....

     Office of the Communications Access Co-ordinator
     For Official Use Only

     I refer to the Data Retention Exemption/Variation Application received
     on 22 July 2015 for....

    we strongly recommend you keep all information relating to this
    decision confidential. Disclosure of any information relating to this application
    may change the Communications Access Co-ordinators decision.

So they're not saying it's illegal.
They ARE threatening that if you disclose it, they may "change their
mind". Would *YOU* be taking that risk??