[AusNOG] Legal Challenge To Meta Data Laws

Andrew Kitchen a.kitchen at xi.com.au
Thu Sep 10 10:54:57 EST 2015

In relation to the NBN Laws I would tend to argue with you…. Yes it was done to create a equal level playing for the industry so that everyone could buy access at the same price…. What should have happened is when Telstra was being separated the physical network or NDC should have remained in government hands and everyone should have been able to get access at the same price…. I don’t see this as a bad thing in principal however like everything NBN Co is structuring things so that only people with large amounts of cash can setup direct connection with NBN Co and jump through all the hoops too….

I am hoping the discussion around a Not For Profit NBN Access supply which were promoted on this forum some time ago comes into effect this way it will prevent AAPT / Telstra ripping us all off like they are now.

Any provider can now build their own NBN Network to compete against NBN Co however it has to be a wholesale only model also if you have an existing network you can only expand this buy I think it is 1.5km past your existing footprint and any new network built not by NBN Co you have to have a separate wholesale and retail companies and have to show that you aren’t using the retail arm to buy market share by using Anti-Competitve measures so I think there has been lots of work gone into the NBN Laws to try and protect the industry as best as possible from TPG.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Kitchen | Business DevelopmentStrategist
PO Box 3279, The Pines, Victoria, 3109
T 1300 789 299 D 03 9909 3102 M 0449 561 461 F 03 8611 7946
a.kitchen at xi.com.au | www.xi.com.au

This email message and any attachments are the property of X Integration. The contents of this email are copyright and may also be confidential and/or legally privileged. They are intended solely for the addressee and it is not intended that either confidentiality or privilege be waived or lost by mistaken delivery to you. Please notify us immediately and delete this communication if received in error. Consider the environment before printing this email.