[AusNOG] AusNOG] US VOIP Provider

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Sat Sep 5 16:14:55 EST 2015

On 9/5/2015 3:18 PM, Scott Howard wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Chad Kelly <chad at cpkws.com.au
> <mailto:chad at cpkws.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Skype is a good option for this, as you can buy a subscription in
>     AUD and they have pretty good call rates to the US.
>

> Skypes per-minute rates to the US are 2-3 times what most VOIP
> providers charger, and their flat-rate plans are not suitable for a
> business.
>
> For VOIP providers, I would strongly recommend http://voip.ms. As well
> as great quality, good prices, and great support, they even have a
> (currently experimental) POP in Melbourne.
>
>   Scott

I don't pay anything for landline calls as I have a subscription, it
works out significantly cheaper if you have one.
Micron21 offer voip as well and would be my pick if you want a local
provider.
They also have a USA based network and they are expanding their network
into the EU over the next month or so with a pop in NL.
Plus an SG pop is being setup as well for better coverage in this part
of the world.
http://www.micron21.com/pricing_call_rates.php

--
Chad Kelly