[AusNOG] NBN Rollout Confusion in Glebe NSW CRM:000084250

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Sat Oct 31 18:21:51 EST 2015

short range FttN?

From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Joseph Goldman
Sent: Saturday, 31 October 2015 3:23 PM
To: Skeeve Stevens
Cc: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] NBN Rollout Confusion in Glebe NSW CRM:000084250

>From what I've been told it will be copper hand off and customer cpe will need to do vdsl.

Which is annoying, was hoping they'd still do an NTD makes things easier.
On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com<mailto:skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com>> wrote:

Hah...

Anyone know about the NTU/CPE situation?

Can I just use a Juniper SRX110-VA which does VDSL... or will there be some sort of NTU and then ethernet handoff?

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy - Internet Provider SME

Email: skeeve at theispguy.com<mailto:skeeve at theispguy.com> ; Cell: +61(0)414 753 383
Skype: skeeve; Blog: TheISPGuy.com<http://theispguy.com/> ; Facebook: TheISPGuy<https://www.facebook.com/theispguy>

Linkedin: /in/skeeve<http://www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9>

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Paul Wilkins <paulwilkins369 at gmail.com<mailto:paulwilkins369 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Now when I can order it, I have to figure out how to get the modem installed in the odd places the phone line is - like the Kitchen bench :)
So basically, right next to the kettle and the fridge, where it should be :)
Paul Wilkins