[AusNOG] So who's read an RFC or Internet Draft?

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Mon Oct 12 12:59:17 EST 2015

> As for MySQL, that is a cluster (currently 3 servers) with all servers accepting inserts and syncing with each other. Unfortunately adding more servers won't reduce the load from data syncs - in fact adding more servers increases the sync load, while reducing the client connection load - I haven't investigated which has more impact. We couldn't think of a way around that.

MySQL Cluster (NDB) kind of addresses this but comes with its own pain.

But unless you’re very careful with how the data goes into your relational database, you’re going to have some problems on the longer term anyway.
What will work best for you depends how you need to use the data - or even if you need it online at all (disk!)

- Will