[AusNOG] So who's read an RFC or Internet Draft?

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Mon Oct 12 12:50:59 EST 2015

Thanks Peter and Will. Yes, the load balancer is a single point where data passes, and has the vertical scaling issue. We have multiple load balancers for redundancy, but that does not increase capacity.

As for MySQL, that is a cluster (currently 3 servers) with all servers accepting inserts and syncing with each other. Unfortunately adding more servers won't reduce the load from data syncs - in fact adding more servers increases the sync load, while reducing the client connection load - I haven't investigated which has more impact. We couldn't think of a way around that.