[AusNOG] Superloop to buy APEXnetworks for $5.8m

Cameron Ferdinands cameron at jferdinands.com
Thu Oct 8 15:56:45 EST 2015

Congrats Ryan! Well deserved!

APEXnetworks has some AMAZING software on the back-end of things and
front-end for channel partners, and anyone that's used it before can vouch
for that. That alone would be a major competitive advantage for Superloop,
unlike a lot of other providers still stuck in the dark ages of
ordering/provisioning/billing/support etc.

There seems to be a similar theme of software + service provider, is it too
late to start the 'ISP 2.0' buzzword?

Before anyone chimes in with 'Telstra has done this for years' can you
really tell me that ordering ULL's with an ISDN line was easy? I'd take
ordering a VXC via a RESTful API any day.

The future for Network Engineers is code! Not only will we be able to
configure our devices, but order our services too, it's an exciting time to
be alive.