[AusNOG] AUSNOG in the news

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Oct 2 10:12:35 EST 2015

The problem is, its waived as fair use as Mark Smith pointed out when
its to a public forum (meaning mailing lists, forums, usenet, etc),
since it by design is public you have no expectation of privacy in
content, the courts IIRC have already made this clear many years ago,
the only time you have copyright and legal recourse is with private
correspondence dissemination which mailing lists are not. All those
disclaimers are not worth anything on public lists where anyone can sign
up.