[AusNOG] ASR 1004/1006

Paul S. contact at winterei.se
Thu Nov 26 16:50:12 EST 2015

Hello folks,

Looking to do some small scale broadband deployments (mostly for office
use) through the NBN/Optimax networks (and perhaps over AAPT tails too
for non fiber locations)

None of my existing routers (mostly Brocades) actually have a
NAT/BNG/LNS codebase available to them, so we're in the market for
something that does.

Came across the ASR1004/1006 which seem to fit the budget, does the
community have any input on how these devices perform for the stated
purpose? Which licenses would we need *extra* on top of the device itself?

Mainly looking for

- NAT
- RADIUS based accounting / rate limiting
- QoS
- Limited scale PBR
- Support for terminating L2TP tunnels (LNS)

Traffic levels wouldn't be very high, perhaps a couple hundred megabits
a second at tops.

They'll connect back to our IP edge for actual access to the internet, I
suppose IS-IS support would be nice to have too since that's our IGP of
choice.

Thanks!