[AusNOG] Optus Cable congestion

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 23:18:49 EST 2015

On 2 Nov 2015 21:29, "Ibrahim Kunduraci" <Ibrahim at amanah.net.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is anybody from Optus on the list able to assist me off-list with Optus
cable congestion issues? I’m supposedly on the premium speed pack however
am only reaching 3-4 Mbps during peak times, 20-25 Mbps off-peak. I’ve
contacted Optus a stupid amount of times and they keep telling me new kit
is being installed (since April 2015) however nothing has improved. There
seems to be a lot of noise on the web about Optus customers having
congestion issues however there doesn’t seem to be anything being done
about it. I’m at the point of raising a TIO ticket however want to cover
all bases before doing so.

> Apologies if this isn’t the space to be discussing this sort of thing.

It isn't. TIO and ACCC are the avenues when you're not getting what you're
paying for.

It doesn't seem to be all that common knowledge however the Australian
Consumer Rights and Guarantees were updated in 2010, and, for example, they
can effectively extend warranties beyond the manufacturer's because of
reasonable expected product lifetime for the cost and purpose.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees