[AusNOG] NetRegistry/TPP & Telstra DNS problem

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu May 14 12:54:44 EST 2015

On 5/14/2015 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> Our support line is being hammered since about 8pm last night by customers who are on Telstra cable at home (VIC based, but may be interstate as well) who are having massive trouble accessing some of their services hosted by us but with DNS hosted by TPP/NetRegistry.
I know Micron21 who provide our DNS as well as servers had an issue with
Telstra DNS a week or two ago, but they were able to resolve the issue
promptly.
But Micron21 buy transit off Telstra so have a direct contact which
makes things a hell of a lot easier when resolving issues.
This is why a number of  hosting providers are using their network in
some way shape or form as its far superior.
But Melbourne IT also own Uber Global now and it seams they were not
affected by this outage.

But all of these issues don't make the brand look good, its concerning.
  Have they just been really unlucky and because they have such a large
number of customers they complain a lot on Whirlpool.
Or is it a symptom of a rappidly growing hosting business?
I am aware that every network has downtime from time to time.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager