[AusNOG] IPv6

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 30 12:21:52 EST 2015

Well I'm afraid it sounds to me like you're screwed.

Increased usage of TLS/HTTPs and encryption in general is going to prevent this TCP acceleration from working, so you won't be able to avoid having to lower customers performance expectations.
You're going to have to buy larger amounts of IPv4 CGN capacity because you can't shift any traffic to IPv6, bypassing the CGN.
You'll also have to start advertising your services as "IPv4 only Internet" because the implication of the term "Internet service" without qualification is going to become both IPv4 and IPv6.

Surely your website and mail servers aren't behind an NBNco IPv4 only satellite, and could be IPv6 enabled?