[AusNOG] Data Retention and CGNAT - educational exercise

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Mar 26 10:11:20 EST 2015

In message <41e778700a994314857ad4504f252419 at cloudcentral.com.au>, "Kristoffer Sheather @ C
loudCentral" writes:

> IPv6 won't go anywhere until IPv4 doesn't work anymore.  That day is not
> today despite the numerous arguments and flames I expect to receive
> subsequent to this message.
>
>   Regards,
> Kristoffer Sheather

If you turn on IPv6 +50% of your traffic will shift to IPv6 immediately
for every customer that has a IPv6 capable CPE device.  This is
*not* IPv6 going nowhere.

The content providers are going IPv6-only internally translating
IPv4 to IPv6.

If you ship CPE router make sure they are IPv6 capable.

If you do not ship CPE routers provide a list of IPv6 capable routers
you are happy with.  IPv6 routers can be got for < $100 AUD.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org