[AusNOG] CA Data Retention costs letter to Ministers

Damian Guppy the.damo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:45:29 EST 2015

Keep it professional Noel, this is a public list after all.

In terms of how much of the industry they represent, it all depends on how
you are counting, if you are talking in terms of % of subscribers or market
cap, just those who signed the letter yesterday would account for, what,
80-90% of the 'industry'?

In my books that counts as representing the industry.

I think the letter was very reasonable. It is effectively just asking "Hey,
if you are going to pass these laws regardless you should tell us how much
you are willing to pay," I don't see it implying support of the laws
themselves.

Thanks,

--Damian