[AusNOG] Spam Filtering

Shane Chrisp shane at 2000cn.com.au
Tue Mar 10 17:43:20 EST 2015

On 10/03/15 14:34, Sam Sarkis-UIP wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering what is everyone doing for Spam Filtering ?  Do you still
> offer as a service or recommend your customer to go to a particular
> provider ?
>
> Are you hosting the filtering internally on your systems, virtual or
> physical or Outsourced ?
>
> Do you make your customers release/review any spam or do you do it for
> them ?
>
> Thanks

  We host our own Fortimail appliance which we use to filter our clients
email through and is self service for the clients to be able to release
quarantined messages. We also filter external customers domains via this
system and then deliver to the clients own mail servers, and again the
client manages their own spam via a web interface / email notification
on emails being quarantined.

  I have used a lot of different systems over the last 10 years, and
this one has been by far the best. There are a few things I didnt like
initially, but once I learnt the system, I was able to make it do what
I, and more importantly the clients, wanted.

--
Regards

Shane Chrisp
2000 Computers & Networks Pty Ltd